Partner, Christian Sauer is a member of our Corporate – M&A and Private Equity practices and co-chairs our German Desk.
Christian’s practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions and joint-ventures. He advises listed and unlisted companies and investment funds on strategic, domestic or cross-border transactions. He is a recognized expert in corporate and commercial law. Christian advises clients across a wide range of industries, including telecoms, media, technology, biotech and energy. Through his leadership of our German Desk, Christian assists clients from German-speaking countries with their cross-border transactions and doing business in France.
- Listed in the Legal 500 2018: “Franklin is one of the most prominent law firms in the mid-cap market. It has a particular strength in the telecom sector, advising a leading industry player, and in the technology sector. It also advises investment funds and has assisted Precision Castparts with several transactions. The 20-lawyer team is co-managed by the high reputed partners Mark Richardson and Yam Atallah. […] Christian Sauer is also active in the field”.
- Option Droit & Affaires 2018: mentioned in the top law firms Private Equity ranking for upper mid-cap LBO transactions (€50 to 300 million).
- Leaders League 2018 – “Listed companies and CAC 40” guide: strong reputation in the financing section of transactions over 500 M€.
- Leaders League 2018 – both “Private Equity” and “Entrepreneurs and Executives” guides: excellent in the “LBO mid cap” section.
- Option Droit & Affaires 2017: recognised expertise in M&A and LBO sections.
- Georgetown University Law Center (Washington, Etats-Unis) : Master of Laws (LLM)
- University of Paris X Nanterre : postgraduate degree (D.E.S.S.) in International Trade Law
- University of Paris V René Descartes : B.A. (Maîtrise) in Private Law
- Albert-Ludwigs Universtität Freiburg (Germany) : Degree in German Law
- Universität des Saarlandes, Saarbrücken (Germany) : French and German Law