Partner, Claire Fougea leads our employment team.
Claire is a deeply-experienced, highly-regarded employment adviser. With a background as chair of the Paris employment team of a leading US law firm, she assists French and overseas companies with all of the employment issues arising from organisational change. Claire routinely advises on corporate reorganisations, corporate/M&A, collective consultation, collective bargaining and executive severance packages. She also offers strategic and legal counsel in the context of employment disputes, including before the criminal courts. Operational constraints are a key area of expertise.
Chambers Europe 2019: Claire Fougea advises clients on redundancies, restructuring and employee litigation. Interviewees praise her “expertise and practical approach” adding: “She is easy to contact”. Clients underline the team’s “good knowledge, flexibility and availability” further praising its “good understanding of the constraints and limits of the company”. Sources also describe the lawyers as “responsive, creative and business oriented”.
- Claire Fougea is individually ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2019.
- Chambers Europe 2018 – Notable practitioners: Claire Fougea advises companies operating within the TMT, consumer goods and manufacturing industries on employment disputes, corporate restructurings and health and safety issues. She advises on both domestic and cross-border matters.
- Legal 500 2018 – Franklin’s well-experienced four-lawyer team is regularly instructed by leading French corporations as well as some large industrial US companies seeking advice on sensitive matters including site closures, restructurings, downsizing and M&A projects. In recent highlights, the practice handled a highly strategic profit-sharing plan dispute. Claire Fougea heads the practice.
- Leaders League 2018 – Recognized expertise in High-risk litigation and criminal labor law (Highly recommended), M&A labor law issues (Excellent), Collective bargaining and labor-management relations (Highly recommended), Reorganization, restructuring, redundancy plans and collective dispute (Recommended).
- Chambers Europe 2017 – Notable practitioners: Claire Fougea wins praise from market sources for her “level of expertise, experience, business-oriented mindset and agility”. Clients report: “I know that Claire will always make it happen and that I can rely on her support when I have to deal with very challenging, complex matters. Her knowledge of employment matters is complemented by substantial corporate expertise”.
- Legal 500 2017: Franklin’s “expert, trustworthy and available team advises many leading French corporations as well as some international groups. Headed by Claire Fougea, the four-lawyer team regularly deals with strategic matters, including M&A, mass litigation, restructuring and asbestos-related work”.
- Washington College of Law – American University (United States) : LLM (International Law)
- University of Paris V Malakoff : degree (DEA) (Civil and Commercial Law)