Partner, David Blondel leads our banking & finance capability.
David advises primarily French and overseas banks, with a focus on structured finance and debt restructuring. He offers sector-specialist expertise in corporate real estate, renewable energy, corporate acquisitions and infrastructure. With over 15 years of banking sector experience, including as Head of Legal, Finance & Real Estate Investment with Natexis, David offers a unique combination of commercial and legal counsel. Having worked as a Partner at several French and global law firms, David joined Franklin in 2013.
- David Blondel is individually ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2020
- Listed in Legal 500 2019 in Banking & Finance, Real Estate finance and Energy financing sections.
- Décideurs (Leaders League) 2019: Recognised in the Project finance section as “excellent” and in the Energy: market regulation section as “excellent”.
- Décideurs (Leaders League) 2018: Recognised in the Real estate transactions – financing section as “highly recommended” and in the Banking & Finance section as “recommended”.
- Listed in Legal 500 2018 in Banking & Finance, Real Estate finance as a “key contact” and Energy financing sections.
- Chambers – 2017: Notable practitioners: David Blondel is praised for his “reactivity and his good skills in drafting complete and clear contract documentations”. He advises on structured finance and debt restructuring matters in relation to real estate.