Partner, Henry Ranchon co-chairs our Real Estate Law practice.
Henry advises French and overseas-based property companies, real estate investment funds and developers on investing in and developing the full range of real estate projects. This encompasses residential, office space, manufacturing, warehouses, shopping centers, hotels, amusement parks, private healthcare facilities and more. Henry handles all aspects of these transactions, and offers clients deep experience in corporate real estate, structuring (regulated or unregulated real estate funds), joint ventures, acquisitions, developments & construction, leasing, asset management and disposals. He routinely advises real estate investors and developers on financing their projects, offering experience in the full range of senior and mezzanine debt financing structures. Henry has been a member of the ULI French Board of Directors since 2010.
Chambers Europe 2019: “Henry Ranchon acts on a wide array of real estate matters, including portfolio management and the creation of real estate funds. He assists asset managers, investment funds and banks with real estate investment and financing operations. Interviewees characterise him as extremely knowledgeable, user-friendly and proactive”. Clients laud the firm’s efficiency, highlighting that the team’s members are “super reactive and have an impressive execution ability”. Another client praises the lawyers’ “commitment, clarity and interpersonal skills”.
- Henry Ranchon is individually ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2019.
- Chambers Europe 2018 – What the team is known for: Active on real estate finance, development, mergers and acquisitions and leasing transactions. Represents both French and international clients in real estate activities in France. Enjoys a close co-operation with the firm’s litigation department – Notable practitioners: Henry Ranchon practises across all areas of real estate law, including real estate acquisitions, development, leases and disposals. One commentator states: “He has a good reputation in the real estate industry”.
- Legal 500 2018: Franklin has a large team of some 18 lawyers who provide a comprehensive range of expertise including property investment, leasing, financing and tax expertise. The firm regularly represents leading international investors and recently advised on several high-profile office building and asset portfolio acquisitions; however, the practice also acts for major French banks and assists leading asset managers and high-end users with lease negotiations. Henry Ranchon and François Verdot are the key names.
- Who’s Who Legal 2018: “Henry Ranchon is recommended for his impressive work on real estate investment and development. He frequently advises on commercial and residential acquisitions including shopping centres, warehouses, hotels and healthcare facilities”.
- Chambers 2017: Henry is an « excellent professional and very nice to work with ».