Of Counsel, Jean-Pierre Delvigne focuses on renewables energy, environmental and public law.
Jean-Pierre provides counsel and litigation representation for manufacturing groups, investment funds and financial services providers on a broad range of public, environmental and renewables energy law issues. He offers deep expertise in handling complex projects, assisting clients at every stage (financing, incorporation/acquisition/disposal, operation, shutdown and/or site remediation). Jean-Pierre also offers strategic counsel, helping clients to anticipate and comply with legal reforms to which he contributes as a member of various professional organisations and working groups. Jean-Pierre routinely provides training seminars on these issues.
Legal 500 2018:
- Administrative and Public law: Franklin is handling several high-stakes regulatory and public law disputes for key client SFR. Other work includes acting for a telecoms operator in various disputes, including representing it in its dealings with the telecoms regulator, handling a major state aid dispute and acting for the client in another case dealing with fibre infrastructure issues. The practice is also involved in litigation in the electricity sector and handles public procurement matters. Jérôme Michel heads the team, with of counsel Jean-Pierre Delvigne another name to note.
- Energy: Franklin advises on several strategic regulatory and public contract matters in the electricity sector. The firm also advises lenders and investors in connection with the development of wind and solar projects in France […] Jean-Pierre Delvigne (is one of) the main contacts.
- Leaders League 2018 rankings: “Urban planning and development” (Recommended) and “Energy and Environment – Energy: market regulation” (Excellent).
- Leaders League 2016 rankings: Environment – Litigation (Recommended), Environment – Waste Management Law (Highly Recommended), Environment – Classified installations, contaminated lands, brownfields (Highly Recommended) and Energy – Renewable Energy Law (Highly Recommended).
- University of Strasbourg : Ph. D. in Public Law
- University of Strasbourg : B.A. in Business Law