Partner, Jérôme Barré leads our wealth management and family office capability.
Jérôme is one of the most widely-known and experienced private client practitioners in France. He brings the benefits of his unique background as the former Head of Legal & Tax Counsel for major insurers and banks to his work in private practice. Jérôme represents the domestic and cross-border interests of shareholders, corporate officers and directors and private clients. His work focuses on restructuring family-owned businesses and groups, inheritance and gift tax planning, estate administration, tax deficiency procedures and tax litigation. Jérôme also lectures in several Master’s degree programmes at prestigious Paris universities and business schools.
- Best Lawyers 2019: Jérôme Barré is listed in the Tax Law section.
- Chambers 2018: band 1 – Notable practitioners – Jérome Barré “is a leading lawyer in this area” notes a client. “He has an incredible knowledge of tax and is very available, responsive and creative. We are very happy with him”. He regularly handles high-value tax planning for families with personal and business assets in multiple jurisdictions. He is regarded as “straightforward, very business-minded and precise” with one source saying: “He is dedicated to his clients and always at their service”. Another sums up that “he is very good; as the French say – he is épique”.
- Legal 500 2018: leading individual (Private client). – “The firm also has top expertise in patrimonial tax through Jérôme Barré, who is a leading name in his field”.
- Who’s Who Legal France 2018: “Jérôme Barré is a first-rate practitioner recognised for his wealth of experience handling family business restructuring and succession planning”.
- University of Paris V Malakoff : postgraduate degree (D.E.S.S.) in Applied Tax
- University of Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne : postgraduate degree (D.E.S.S.) in Business and Tax Law
- University of Paris II Panthéon Assas : B.A. (Maîtrise) in Business Law