Partner, Julie Catala Marty leads our competition law team in Paris
Julie’s expertise includes all aspects of French and European competition law. She advises on complex, high-profile merger control proceedings and routinely represents clients in antitrust cases before French and European authorities and courts. Julie also advises in private enforcement cases. Her expertise extends to distribution and restrictive trade practices, and spans a wide variety of industries, including highly-regulated sectors such as media and telecoms.
- Julie Catala-Marty is ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2020 in the Competition/Antitrust Law and European Union Law sections
- Chambers Europe 2019 / Competition – European Law: Julie Catala Marty “oversees a substantial caseload providing contentious and regulatory advice with a strong focus on the telecommunications arena. She also assists with competition compliance audits, merger control and state aid matters. Interviewees commend her for her incredible work ethic, deep knowledge of the sector and extreme rigour in her analysis” .
- Who’s who Legal 2019: Julie Catala Marty is praised by sources for her competition practice, offering « complete and exhaustive solutions » as well as her « ability to work to really short deadlines ».
- Legal 500 2019 : Julie Catala Marty recognized as « Elite Leading Lawyer »
- Leaders League’s 2019 “Antitrust” Silver Award
- Leaders League 2019: Julie Catala Marty is recommended in Telecom (leading), Antitrust (excellent), Merger control (excellent), Distribution law (highly recommended), State aids (highly recommended) et Audiovisual law (recommended).
- Chambers Europe 2018 / Competition – European Law: Julie Catala-Marty is “pragmatic, friendly and available lawyer” who demonstrates “impressive” pleading skills and is “very valuable in a litigation situation”. She is particularly active in representing prominent clients in contentious competition matters and is noted for her expertise in the telecoms sector.
- Listed among the “Competition future leaders” in the Who’s Who Legal 2018: “Julie Catala Marty is a favourite among clients who appreciate her “efficiency and ability to offer effective solutions” and describe her as “a pleasure to work with” on competition-related matters. She is an expert in the full spectrum of French and European competition law matters and is widely recognised for her “excellent expertise in the media sector”.
- Recognised as “Elite Leading Lawyer” by the Legal 500 EMEA 2018/Competition – distribution: “Franklin’s team is headed by Julie Catala-Marty, who represents clients in highly regulated sectors such as telecoms, energy and natural resources, and financial services, and cooperates closely with the firm’s regulatory and public law departments […]. The team is also present in the aviation space”.