Partner, Kai Völpel is a member of our Corporate – M&A and Private Equity practices and co-chairs our German Desk.
Kai advises medium-sized businesses and large domestic and global corporations, as well as French and overseas-based investment funds. He focuses on all aspects of corporate & commercial law. Kai’s work includes transactional matters such as structuring, co-ordinating and carrying out domestic and cross-border mergers & acquisitions. German-born, Kai co-founded our German Desk, through which he assists clients from German-speaking countries with their cross-border transactions and in doing business in France.
- Listed in the Legal 500 2018: “Franklin is one of the most prominent law firms in the mid-cap market. It has a particular strength in the telecom sector, advising a leading industry player, and in the technology sector. It also advises investment funds and has assisted Precision Castparts with several transactions. The 20-lawyer team is co-managed by the high reputed partners Mark Richardson and Yam Atallah. […] Kai Völpel is also active in the field”.
- Option Droit & Affaires 2018: mentioned in the top law firms Private Equity ranking for upper mid-cap LBO transactions (€50 to 300 million).
- Leaders League 2018 – “Listed companies and CAC 40” guide: strong reputation in the financing section of transactions over 500 M€.
- Leaders League 2018 – both “Private Equity” and “Entrepreneurs and Executives” guides: excellent in the “LBO mid cap” section.
- Option Droit & Affaires 2017: recognised expertise in M&A and LBO sections.
- Paris Institute of Political Studies, 1993
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas : Postgraduate degree (D.E.A.) in Community Law
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas : B.A. (Maîtrise) in International and European Law