Partner, Laurent Gabaud is a key member of our wealth management and family office team.
Laurent has developed a strong reputation for his work in the private client area. He provides high-level legal and tax counsel to banks and insurance companies as well as senior executives, supporting them in the management of their personal and business assets. Laurent is an experienced tax litigator and advises on tax residency transfers, business transfers, structuring real estate acquisitions, international gifts and inheritance as well as the French and cross-border taxation of management packages.
- Chambers HNW 2019 : band 1 – Franklin has long focused on representing high net worth individuals in tax matters. It is particularly well known for tax investigations and litigation matters, and sources often highlight its senior practitioners for their ability to negotiate effectively with the tax authorities. Franklin also handles non-contentious mandates and is noted for its expertise in trusts matters. One international source says it is a « very highly qualified firm,» adding that « the team are all technically very good,» and stating that « they are probably the go-to private client lawyers in France; if I have a private client issue, I go to them.» Another praises the Franklin team’s « very good interpersonal skills » and reports that « they always put the interests and concerns of the clients first.»
- Leaders League’s Wealth & Performance Summit 2019: Gold award for “Best Wealth Management Lawyer”
- Legal 500 2019: Franklin’s “very professional and competent” team is praised for its “impressive turn-around times”. […] The firm also houses a highly regarded wealth tax management practice.
- Leaders League 2018: Recognized expertise in Wealth tax (leading) and Wealth tax: regulation and litigation (leading).
- Legal 500 – 2016 – Leading individual: Private client – Franklin is a leader in the field of wealth management and offers “high-quality expertise and services”. The team of ten-plus attorneys advises private banks, high net worth individuals and prominent credit institutions. Jérôme Barré heads up the practice, assisted by newly appointed partner Laurent Gabaud and of counsel attorneys Julia Novak and Nicolas Bourgeois.