Laurent Schittenhelm is Partner in our Real Estate practice.
Laurent has substantial expertise handling all manner of real estate transactions, including the most complex. His practice focuses on portfolio acquisitions and disposals through share deals and/or asset deals; commercial leases; and asset and property management agreements. He has a particular focus on real estate development including the full range of asset classes. This encompasses offices; warehouses; retail stores; shopping malls; hotels; residential housing; nursing homes; senior housing; private healthcare facilities; and more. Laurent also advises on drafting and negotiating shareholder agreements and represents clients in commercial lease and other disputes.
- Laurent Schittenhelm is ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2020 in the Real Estate Law section.
- Legal 500 2019: Franklin is appreciated for its “hands on approach”, “high partner involvement”and ability to “come back with good solutions and deliver on time”. The team provides a full range of expertise spanning investment, asset management and property finance.
- Chambers Europe 2019: What the team is known for: Active on real estate finance, development, mergers and acquisitions and leasing transactions. Represents both French and international clients in real estate activities in France. Enjoys a close co-operation with the firm’s tax department. Covers a broad range of assets including offices, hotels, retail and logistics. Strengths: Clients laud the firm’s efficiency, highlighting that the team’s members are “super reactive and have an impressive execution ability.” Another client praises the lawyers’ “commitment, clarity and interpersonal skills.”
- University of Paris II Assas : Postgraduate degree (D.E.A) in Tax law
- University of Paris II - HEC : Postgraduate degree (DESS) in International Taxation