Of Counsel, Marion Brière Ségala brings deep employment law expertise for clients.
Marion’s work spans the full range of labour and employment law issues, including réorganisations, collective bargaining, employee representation, severance packages for senior executives, directors and officers, cross-border mobility and employee savings plans. Marion also leads work for clients before the range of courts with jurisdiction over labour and employment matters.
- Chambers Europe 2018: what the team is known for: Established practice group drawing cross-disciplinary support from its various specialised departments to cover a broad spectrum of employment issues, both in France and abroad. Offers particular experience in claims concerning site closures, corporate restructurings and senior-executive departures. Also acts on employment disputes, including class actions. Strengths: Sources speak highly of the team, noting in particular its “reactivity, availability and expertise”.
- Legal 500 2018: Franklin’s well-experienced four-lawyer team is regularly instructed by leading French corporations as well as some large industrial US companies seeking advice on sensitive matters including site closures, restructurings, downsizing and M&A projects. In recent highlights, the practice handled a highly strategic profit-sharing plan dispute. Claire Fougea heads the practice, which also includes of counsel Marion Brière Ségala.
- Chambers 2017: what the team is known for: Full-service firm advising clients on standalone employment matters as well as larger corporate restructurings and M&A transactions. Experienced in handling matters involving transfers of activity, collective redundancies and negotiations with employee representative bodies. Particularly strong reputation for individual and collective employment disputes and increasingly active of late on class actions. Strengths: Clients are highly complimentary about the firm’s approach, noting: “I particularly appreciate their reactivity, pragmatism and foresight. Their responses are very clear and accessible”.
- Legal 500 2017: Franklin’s “expert, trustworthy and available” team advises many leading French corporations as well as some international groups. […] the four-lawyer team regularly deals with strategic matters, including M&A, mass litigation, restructuring and asbestos-related work.
- University of Paris I Panthéon Sorbonne : Postgraduate degree (DESS) in Employment Law