Partner, Mark Richardson co-heads our Corporate – M&A and Private Equity practices.
Mark brings nearly three decades of experience for clients. He leads work for domestic and global clients on in-bound and out-bound cross-border transactions. Mark focuses on mergers, acquisitions, strategic alliances, restructurings, securities law matters and corporate governance in a public M&A and private equity context. He also routinely advises boards of directors, board committees and management on negotiated and contested transactions as well as on corporate disclosure and corporate governance matters.
Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2019: Mark Richardson “is an esteemed M&A practitioner. Dual-qualified in France and the US, he often acts on complex cross-border transactions. He advised HID Global on its acquisition of Arjo Systems”. One client says the lawyers are “reactive and listen well” adding: “They give excellent advice and have an understanding that goes beyond the legal aspects”. Another source admires that the lawyers “know us very well – they know what we want and don’t want in negotiations. They are fully available and very efficient”.
- Mark Richardson is individually ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2019.
- Chambers Global 2018: recognised as “Leading Individual” in Corporate M&A – Mid-Market. “Mark Richardson is praised for his ability to handle cross-border M&A deals”. He is dual-qualified in France and the USA, and often represents US entities in transactions involving the French market. Clients also appreciate his pragmatism, describing him as “someone who has his client’s interests at heart but also knows where to draw the line to get a deal to happen”.
- Legal 500 2018: Highly recognised expertise in “Mergers and Acquisition”.
- Option Droit & Affaires 2018: mentioned in the top law firms Private Equity ranking for upper mid-cap LBO transactions (€50 to 300 million).
- Chambers Europe 2017: band 1 for M&A Mid-Market. Mark Richardson is dual-qualified in France and the USA and is therefore well placed to assist clients with cross-border matters. One impressed client notes that he is “an experienced lawyer with good business understanding”. He is skilled in mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions and privatisations.
- Option Droit & Affaires 2017 top LBO practices handling mostly deals between 50 and 300 million euro – Category ***.
- Chambers Europe 2016: band 1 for M&A Mid-Market. “An excellent lawyer and certainly a name to mention” Mark Richardson “is creative, pays attention to the client and uses initiative”. He frequently advises public and private corporations as well as financial institutions on domestic and cross-border transactions. He has additional expertise in corporate governance matters.