Partner, Olivier Mesmin focuses on corporate tax and real estate tax.
Olivier advises French and overseas-based clients on all aspects of their real estate transactions, including investment structuring, tax planning, setting up investment funds, ownership structuring and sale and leaseback arrangements. As tax counsel for the French Real Estate Companies Association (Fédération des Sociétés Immobilières et Foncières), Olivier has been involved in crafting, negotiating and adapting the French tax rules governing REITs since 2003. His expertise in real estate tax is widely acknowledged in France and overseas.
Chambers Europe 2019 – Real Estate Tax: Olivier Mesmin of Franklin is a recognised expert in the field of real estate taxation where he acts for private equity houses, multinationals and real estate firms. Clients say: “He is a good negotiator, who is accurate and available at any time. It is a real pleasure to work with him”.
- Olivier Mesmin is individually ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2019.
- Listed in Chambers Europe 2018 (Band 2 in Real Estate Tax) – Olivier Mesmin of Franklin advises on the tax planning and structuring of real estate investments. He is particularly well versed in legislation concerning French REITs, and his clientele comprises both domestic and international names.
- Legal 500 2018: “Franklin bolstered its team in July 2017 by hiring Olivier Mesmin […] (who is) ‘top of his game’ for tax property work. The practice offers a ‘combination of quality of advice, cost and client service’ and advises on some of the market’s most high-profile property transactions”.
- Who’s Who Legal 2018: “Olivier Mesmin is a well established name when it comes to real estate taxation in the French market. He advises both national and international clients on transactional aspects including investment structuring and tax planning”.
- Chambers 2016: Olivier Mesmin is highly knowledgeable in the field of real estate.