In an increasingly complex and global tax environment, we provide one of the best-known corporate tax teams in France, advising institutional and private investors on their tax strategies in France and overseas.
We assist French and overseas clients with all of the tax aspects of their strategic investments, restructurings and financing transactions, and with their day-to-day tax planning needs. We also guide clients through tax audits and represent them in tax disputes and litigation. Over the years, we have developed close working relationships with highly regarded lawyers overseas, ensuring that we provide tax counsel on cross-border mandates to a global standard. In close collaboration with our real estate team, we handle on all of the tax aspects of structuring real estate transactions, regulated or unregulated real estate investment funds (REITs and more) and real estate project financing. Our lawyers have worked on numerous high-profile transactions in recent years.
- Olivier Mesmin and Christine Daric are individually ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2019.
- Listed in Chambers Europe 2018 (Band 2 in Real Estate Tax) – Olivier Mesmin of Franklin advises on the tax planning and structuring of real estate investments. He is particularly well versed in legislation concerning French REITs, and his clientele comprises both domestic and international names. – Christine Daric of Franklin is praised for her communication skills, with one interviewee commenting: “She really sees who she is talking to and she adjusts and makes technical discourse understandable for business people”. She has a wealth of experience in the tax aspects of real estate transactions, including in the hospitality sector.
- Legal 500 2018: “Franklin bolstered its team in July 2017 by hiring Olivier Mesmin and Christine Daric who are ‘both top of their game’ for tax property work. The practice offers a ‘combination of quality of advice, cost and client service’ and advises on some of the market’s most high-profile property transactions”. Christine Daric and Olivier Mesmin are both Listed among the elite “Leading lawyers”.
- Gold Award for “Real Estate Transactions” – Leaders League 2018.
- Leaders League 2018 rankings: Franklin is mentioned as “Leading” in Real Estate Tax.
- Chambers 2016 – Tax Individual ranking – Band 2 : “Christine Daric has thorough expertise in the field of real estate, most notably for tax issues arising in this area” – “Olivier Mesmin is highly knowledgeable in the field of real estate. He has extensive experience advising clients such as investment funds and OPCIs. He handles various types of matters, including restructurings and fund creation and the associated tax elements”.
- Legal 500 2016 – Band 1 – Leading individual (Olivier) – Band 2 (Christine) : “Christine Daric shows flexibility and force of conviction in designing tax property structures”.