Franklin advises Baltis on the acquisition of the crowdfunding platform Proximea.
Baltis, a real estate crowdfunding platform approved by the French Financial Market Authority (AMF), has acquired Proximea from Banque Populaire Grand Ouest. Proximea is a crowdfunding platform with the goal of democratising investment in the real estate, start-up and renewable energy sectors.
With this acquisition, Baltis is strengthening its position in the Atlantic Arc, one of the French epicentres for social, technological and industrial innovation.
The real estate crowdfunding platform, created in 2016 by Alexandre Toussaint, has already invested in more than 90 projects since its creation, i.e. nearly €55 million, and in 2021 it joined forces with the Magellim Group, a global and integrated investment player which provides its clients with sustainable, responsible and meaningful investment projects for the territories.
Baltis is advised by Franklin with a team consisting of:
- Numa Rengot, partner, and Fanny Attal, associate, for the M&A aspects,
- Sandra Strittmatter, partner, and Erwan Prely, associate, for the IP aspects,
- Jacques Mestoudjian, partner, and Rudy Marouani, associate, for the tax aspects,
- Valérie Aumage, partner, and Nolwenn Vignaud, associate, for IT and personal data aspects,
- Serge Durox, partner, for the regulatory aspects.
Banque Populaire Grand Ouest is advised by the Racine law firm with a team composed of Clémence Baron, partner, Justine Sorin and Jean Orieux, associates, of the Racine firm.