Merav Griguer heads our Data & Cyber Department.
With over 20 years’ experience in the fields of information technology and data protection, Merav has developed recognized expertise particularly in the Tech, Defense & Security, Finance, Healthcare, Aviation, Distribution, Media, Luxury and Sport sectors.
Her main areas of expertise include GDPR compliance, litigation and dispute resolution before regulatory authorities, legal issues relating to data and personal data, social networks and cybersecurity.
She regularly works with the French Data Protection Authority (the CNIL), with which she maintains a close relationship (joint conferences and debates, courses on data privacy law, hearings at the CNIL on sensitive subjects and resolution of conflicts of law).
She is jointly responsible since 2014 for teaching Data Protection and Cybersecurity in the Master’s degree in Digital Law of the University of Paris Panthéon-Assas, alongside Thomas Dautieu, the Director in charge of legal advice at the CNIL.
She is also Professor, founder and Scientific Director of the Data Protection Officer Certificate of Science Po Paris, established in 2017.
Merav is the author of numerous articles and publications and is a regular speaker at conferences on Big Data, social networking and IT issues, such as Microsoft Techdays, Les Echos conferences, the International Hub Forum, the EBG, MEDEF and CCI conferences, the Avignon Forum, WeWork Tel Aviv, CESE, IAPP, etc.
She is often consulted on proposals or changes to legislation.
- Best Lawyers: Merav is distinguised as “Lawyer of The Year 2022-2023” in the “Privacy & Data Security” category
- Merav Griguer is individually ranked in Best Lawyers 2024 in « Privacy and Data Security Law » et « Regulatory Practice »
- Leaders League 2023: Merav Griguer is ranked in the category « Leading» in « Data protection law » of the « Innovation, technology & telecoms» Guide
- Legal 500 EMEA 2023 : Merav Griguer is ranked in “Data Privacy and Data Protection” category
‘Merav Griguer of the personal data protection division has set up a team of 4 people with very good comprehensive expertise on the complex subjects related to the application of the GDPR. The team knows how to show great reactivity and agility on all issues. Total mobilisation and dedicated, tailor-made support in the event of a crisis or complex file.’
- University of Paris V Descartes
- University of Paris II Assas
- University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne