Franklin advises Altice on the sale of a 30% stake in Cablevision to BC Partners and CPPIB.
Cable operator Altice has finalized an agreement to sell a 30% stake in Cablevision to BC Partners and the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) for 1 billion dollars, completing the financing of the acquisition of its US competitor Cablevision announced in September. The terms of the shareholders’ agreement between Altice, BC Partners and CPPIB are similar to those of the acquisition of US cable operator Suddenlink last May. The deal is expected to close in the first quarter of 2016, once all regulatory clearances have been secured.
Advising Altice were:
- On Corporate aspects: Franklin (Christian Sauer, Partner)
- On tax and structuring aspects: Mayer Brown Paris (Laurent Borey, Partner, and Natahalie Jacquart, Partner), and Mayer Brown New York (Jason Bazar)
- Convington & Burling LLP in USA
- Atoz (tax) and Luther (corporate) in Luxembourg
- De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek N.V.De Braux in Netherlands