Distressed acquisition opportunities – August 2022
Franklin’s Restructuring team has assembled its latest sector-by-sector list of distressed acquisition opportunities.
The targets are companies in insolvency proceedings that are now up for sale and for which tender offers have been made by the court-appointed trustees in charge of finding potential buyers.
Our sector-by-sector updates are designed to help clients quickly identify potential build-up opportunities.
Tender offer periods are very often extended beyond the deadlines specified in the list.
If you are interested in any of these assets, please contact our partners Numa Rengot and Arnaud Pédron who will be happy to provide further information and assist you with your acquisition.
This court-sanctioned sale process offers an opportunity to buy:
- Fast: in a few weeks
- Directly or through a NewCo
- After limited due diligence (i.e., limited to the scope of the acquisition)
- At lower prices than out-of-court acquisitions: the real cost consists in financing the acquired operation
- Free and clear of debt, with only a few exceptions (no successor liability – lien and encumbrance free)
- Without liability for restructuring costs
- A turnkey, autonomous business unit
- “Cherry picked” assets (number of employees, tangible and intangible assets, as well as rental, finance lease, distribution, purchase, and service agreements necessary for the continued operation of the business).