Our Restructuring - Corporate Recovery - Distressed M&A department is a full-service practice offering clients assistance, advice and representation in heading off and turning around financial difficulties and, if necessary, in selling their business.
Our department assists clients every step of the way, from pre-insolvency (non-contentious proceedings: mediation, administration) to formal insolvency proceedings (court-supervised recovery proceedings and court-ordered liquidation). We take a pragmatic approach to restructuring assignments and are ideally positioned to advise on all labor, corporate and financial issues facing distressed businesses.
Acquisitions of struggling or insolvent targets providing a strategic opportunity for growth for our clients (conducting acquisition due diligence of assets in administration, drafting bids, liaising with the relevant authorities, etc.).
Restructuring of companies in pre-insolvency or insolvency proceedings (bank, payroll and tax debt refinancing; creditor group management; debt swap mechanisms; new money arrangements; staff reorganization; etc.) and shareholder disputes.
Full range of legal services to companies in recovery and/or insolvency proceedings (mediation/administration, court-supervised recovery or liquidation, etc.).
- Legal 500 EMEA 2022 – Le département Restructuring est classé dans la catégorie Insolvency.
Franklin launched its practice in January 2020 with the hire of Numa Rengot from Aston who has since wasted no time growing the practice by adding new associates and a second partner in Arnaud Pédron who joined from Deloitte | Taj later that year. The highly dynamic team now handles a large caseload and excels at dealing with atypical matters, managing all types of issues from corporate governance to corporate investment and insolvency proceedings. It is regularly retained by management teams and has strong experience in assisting clients with investing in distressed companies. The practice is particularly active in the aeronautics sector where it recently worked on a major case. Another recent stand-out matter came from the retail sector.
- Option Droit & Affaires Restructuring 2022 – Recognized in “Insolvency procedures” and “Financial difficulties and debt renegotiation”.
- Leaders League 2022 – Recognized expertise in Restructuring & insolvency – Advising mid-cap companies and their shareholders (Excellent – 1)
- GRR 100 2021
- Option Droit & Affaires Restructuring 2021 – Recognized in “Insolvency procedures” and “Financial difficulties and debt renegotiation”.
- Leaders League 2021 – Recognized expertise in Restructuring & insolvency – Advising mid-cap companies and their shareholders (Excellent)