Partner, Yam Atallah co-chairs our corporate/M&A and private equity teams.
Partner, Yam Atallah has extensive expertise advising French corporations and global entities on mergers & acquisitions, private equity deals and privatizations. Yam is regularly called upon to handle major cross-border corporate restructurings. He also serves as trusted counsel to large family-owned businesses, advising on shareholder relations and corporate governance issues.
Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2019: Yam Atallah “is a well-recognised lawyer in the French corporate M&A market. He handles acquisitions, sales and restructurings for corporate clients and financial institutions”. One client says the lawyers are “reactive and listen well” adding: “They give excellent advice and have an understanding that goes beyond the legal aspects”. Another source admires that the lawyers “know us very well – they know what we want and don’t want in negotiations. They are fully available and very efficient”.
- Yam Atallah is individually ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2019.
- Chambers Global 2018: recognised as “Leading Individual” in Corporate M&A – Mid-Market. “Yam Atallah is held in high regard by the market for his knowledge of M&A and private equity transactions, often with cross-border elements”. One client says: “He is really business-oriented, so his advice is not only technical but also easy to follow”.
- Legal 500 2018: Highly recognised expertise in “Mergers and Acquisition”.
- Option Droit & Affaires 2018: mentioned in the top law firms Private Equity ranking for upper mid-cap LBO transactions (€50 to 300 million).
- Chambers Europe 2017: Yam Atallah’s expertise spans private equity deals, M&A transactions, restructurings and privatizations. One pleased client says: “Yam Atallah is very bright. He is very clever with the points he makes. He always tries to solve the problem in the best way for us”.
- Option Droit & Affaires 2017: Recognised expertise in M&A and LBO sections.
- Georgetown University Law School (Washington D.C., USA) : L.L.M
- University of Paris : postgraduate degree (D.E.S.S.) in Bank and Finance
- University of Nancy : B.A. (Maîtrise) in Business Law
- Paris Institute of Political Studies, 1983