Franklin advises Altice on the sale of its Portuguese subsidiaries Cabovisao and ONI
Altice has just finalized the sale of two of its Portuguese assets, namely Cabovisao, Portugal’s second largest cable operator, and ONI, a B2B web hosting and cloud services provider, to private equity fund Apax Partners. Altice has thus fulfilled the condition on which the European Commission cleared its €7.4bn takeover of Portugal Telecom in 2015.
- Franklin: partners Magali Masson and Christian Sauer, assisted by associates Fabian Guéroult and Emmanuel Vrillon-Darcy, on M&A matters.
- Cleary Gotlieb: François Brunet and Séverine Schrameck on competition law issues
- Uria Menendez Lisbon (local counsel): Catarina Tavares
- Perella Weinberg: Financial advisor
Advising Apax Partners:
- Weil Gotshal: partner Alexandre Duguay and associate Adrien Descouture on M&A matters, and partner James Clarke and associate Kavita Mehta on financing issues
- Cohen & Gresser: Guillaume Seligmann, on IT law aspects
- Jones Day: Eric Babier de la Serre, on competition law issues
- Cardigos Lisbon (local counsel): Sofia de Sousa Caetano