Franklin continues to develop and confirm its position as a major player in real estate practice.
Philippe Riglet and Géraldine Machinet have been practising real estate law, both as advisers and litigators, respectively, for some 35 years and 15 years. They have both developed particular expertise in the hospitality and managed real estate sector. In this sector, they assist a clientele made up of investors, developers and operators, in particular with regard to leases, management contracts, franchise agreements or the opening of establishments for hotels and tourist residences, student residences and health establishments.
Moreover, like the other teams at Franklin, they support investors, developers and building users in their projects for the enhancement, development and management of real estate assets.
The firm’s clients appreciate this approach, which enables the attorneys to follow their projects in their entirety, from the acquisition of the building to the sale, including eviction procedures, negotiation for works and asset management.
For the two partners, joining Franklin was an obvious choice: “We wanted to focus on a firm with a more human scale and with the multidisciplinary expertise that is essential for our clients. By joining the firm, we are participating in developing one of the most important teams in the real estate market today. We had previously worked with Franklin’s partners, with whom we share the team spirit of providing 360° support and proximity for the clients.”
François Verdot, lead partner of the real estate practice at Franklin, adds: “In the course of a technically complex joint project, we realised that we shared the same business culture. This recruitment is an important development both for the real estate department and for the firm as a whole. It is in line with our developments in 2019/2020 and allows us to reach a critical team size, thus meeting our clients’ expectations.”
Philippe Riglet and Géraldine Machinet arrive with a team of six associates, including:
- Héloïse Gimbert (University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne: Master II Real Estate Law 2018, Paris Bar 2020)
- Jean Hentgen (University of Paris V Descartes: Master II Business Law Professional 2012, Paris Bar 2014)
- Victoria Joubert (University of Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne: Master II Real Estate Law 2019)
- Justine Le Calvez (Master II Advanced Research in Private Law, Paris Bar 2019)
- Mélanie Pereira (University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas: Master II Real Estate and Construction Law 2012, Paris Bar 2014)
- Edouard Schoenke (University of Strasbourg: Master II Real Estate Law 2010, Paris Bar 2013)