Partner, François Verdot co-chairs our Real Estate Law practice.
François advises investors and corporate tenants on complex real estate transactions including acquisitions, sales and rental management. He also offers high-level counsel in connection with optimizing rental property performance. François represents clients in litigation over commercial leases for all types of properties. He advises a variety of French and global investors, asset managers, real estate developers, investment funds, corporate tenants, ministries, regions or other state-owned entities. François works closely with a network of real estate brokers, architects, appraisers, surveyors, notaries and certified public accountants.
- François Verdot is individually ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2019.
- Chambers Europe 2018 – What the team is known for: Active on real estate finance, development, mergers and acquisitions and leasing transactions. Represents both French and international clients in real estate activities in France. Enjoys a close co-operation with the firm’s litigation department.
- Legal 500 2018: Franklin has a large team of some 18 lawyers who provide a comprehensive range of expertise including property investment, leasing, financing and tax expertise. The firm regularly represents leading international investors and recently advised on several high-profile office building and asset portfolio acquisitions; however, the practice also acts for major French banks and assists leading asset managers and high-end users with lease negotiations. Henry Ranchon and François Verdot are the key names.
- Leaders League 2018 – François Verdot is highly recommended in Construction (Markets, Civil Engineering, Contracts and Consulting), Construction Litigation and Property Development.
- Chambers 2017 : clients often praise the high quality of service, saying: “The strengths that define the team are their market awareness, their technicality and reliability”.
- Listed in Who’s Who Legal 2017.
- University of Paris II, Panthéon-Assas : Postgraduate degree (DEA) in General Private Law
- University of Paris II, Panthéon-Assas : B.A. (Maîtrise) in Private Law, Judicial Careers