Our team offers a full range of transactional and litigation services in intellectual property law.
We have extensive expertise in all matters pertaining to creation, innovation, media and technology.
We handle all types of issues relating to industrial property (trademarks, designs, patents), copyright and related rights, as well as the protection of innovation on the Internet and in view of new forms of exploitation (NFT, Metaverse, etc.).
We also work on issues of personality rights and in particular image rights.
We advise a broad range of clients, including major French and international companies, across various industries: fashion industry and luxury goods, food and beverage (in particular wines and spirits), consumer goods and high technologies.
- Advising on intellectual property matters: prior rights searches, analysis of the validity of the rights, investigations of use, well-known trademark survey, etc.
- Advising on IP protection strategies.
- Drafting and negotiating IP agreements (transfer, license, coexistence, joint ownership, R&D).
- Drafting and negotiating agreements in the field of marketing, events and digital content (agreements with marketing and communication agencies, collaboration agreements with artists, influencers, celebrities, etc.).
- Anti-counterfeiting on the Internet and implementing anti-counterfeiting programs in conjunction with customs.
- Implementing corporate intellectual property policies.
- Intellectual property due diligence.
- Asserting and defending IP claims in French court proceedings: infringement actions, validity challenges, unfair competition and parasitic acts.
- Proceedings before the French Trademark and Design Office (INPI) and the EUIPO: opposition proceedings, invalidity actions, cancellation actions for non-use.
- Proceedings before the courts of the EU (General Court and ECJ) following EUIPO decisions.
- Sandra Strittmatter is ranked in “Intellectual Property: Copyright” and “Intellectual Property: Trade marks and Designs” in the Legal 500 EMEA 2022 directory
‘Sandra Strittmatter always achieves the best commercial outcome in negotiations.’
‘Sandra Strittmatter has a very good knowledge of business and marketing issues.’
‘Sandra Strittmatter is accustomed to international cases and is fluent in 4 languages (French, English, German and Italian). She is very proactive and rigorous. An excellent professional.’
‘I highly recommend the qualities of Sandra Strittmatter, who knows how to take into account business and marketing aspects of matters and has an excellent knowledge of the law. She has extensive experience in issues related to alcohol advertising, a rare specialty that few lawyers master.’
‘Erwan Prely is a fine jurist and a very good lawyer.’
‘Sandra Strittmatter started this team very recently, but the evolution is amazing. Very fast turnaround, excellent level of English. Sandra is young and works for her clients with 100% energy and commitment.’
- Sandra Strittmatter is ranked in the category “Excellent” in “Litigation: trademarks, designs” and in the category “Highly Notorious” in “Management of trademark and design portfolios” of the 2022 “Innovation, Technology & Intellectual Property” guide of Leaders League.
- Sandra Strittmatter is individually ranked in Best Lawyers 2022 in Intellectual Property.
- Sandra Strittmatter has been nominated as “IP Star” every year since 2016 for France (Trademarks) by Managing Intellectual Property Magazine.