Franklin advises Magellim on acquisition of Turgot Asset Management
Magellim, a global real estate investment and asset management group founded in 2010, now with over €3.3 billion in assets under management, has announced the acquisition of Turgot Asset Management, an independent asset management firm with €12 million in revenue, which manages over €1 billion in assets on behalf of private clients.
With this acquisition, Magellim is stepping up its asset diversification strategy by branching into promising, purpose-driven sectors such as healthcare and in-home senior care. The move is also expected to help expand the group’s institutional client base.
“This acquisition provides a unique opportunity to bolster Magellim’s position as a leading values-driven player in the nationwide real estate and real estate investment market. Turgot AM’s expertise will further strengthen our capabilities, our asset class range, and our offering at large. Above all, we are committed to offering opportunities to invest in innovative, responsible projects with a meaningful impact on tomorrow’s communities”, said Magellim CEO Steven Perron.
“This is an exciting opportunity for Turgot AM. We look forward to working together to combine our expertise and be a more potent advocate for our shared values in the market. With this integration, the Group will be even better equipped to offer a diverse range of innovative solutions to the societal and environmental challenges of tomorrow”, concluded Turgot AM founder and CEO Waldemar Brun-Theremin.
Franklin’s team advising Magellim is composed of:
- Partners Numa Rengot and Yam Atallah, assisted by associates Adriana Chiche, Pierre Dupuys, Antoine Fouassier and Vincent Lehmann, on transactional M&A and corporate due diligence aspects,
- Partner Myriam de Gaudusson, assisted by associate Amélie Nisio, on labor and employment due diligence aspects,
- Partner Serge Durox, assisted by Mounir Larab, on securities law aspects,
- Partner François Verdot, assisted by associate Vincent Martinet, on real estate due diligence aspects,
- Partner Jacques Mestoudjian, assisted by associate Rudy Marouani, on tax due diligence aspects,
- Partner Yann Colin, assisted by associate Victor Cracan, on litigation and contract due diligence aspects,
- Partner Sandra Strittmatter, assisted by associate Erwan Prely, on IP due diligence aspects,
- Partner Valérie Aumage, on IT and data protection due diligence aspects,
- Partner Xavier Marchand, on health and safety due diligence aspects,
Magellim is also advised by Mazars Transaction Services (Baptiste Kalasz, Romain Josserand), on its financial due diligence.
Turgot Asset Management is advised by:
- Edmond de Rothschild Corporate Finance (Julien Béraud, Axel Riquet, Alexandre Brestin)
- Agilys (partner Baptiste Belone, assisted by associates Carolle Thain-Navarro and Chloé Journel)
- Squareness Financial Consulting (Frédéric Meunier, Antoine Sudérie, Pierre Gauche, Maxime Thonnat) on its financial due diligence.
The banks are advised by:
- Helia Conseil (Sophie Bogard) on behalf of French banks BRED, CEBPL, BPGO and ARKEA, as arranger.
- Cornet Vincent Ségurel (partner Matthieu Guignard, assisted by associate Angélique Merienne and legal adviser Cemile Köklü).