Alexandre Marque co-heads our corporate/M&A and private equity departments.
Alexandre Marque focuses his practice on advising French and international corporations, investment funds and financial institutions on mergers, acquisitions and private equity transactions, as well as capital, industrial and commercial tie-ups.
He also has particular strength in securities law and stock exchange regulations in the context of takeover bids, public offerings and private investments.
Alexandre Marque also has a wealth of experience advising on the privatization of state-owned entities on behalf of the French government, private investors, or the entities themselves.
He co-founded Franklin in 2000 and, having advised the Altice group since its inception, he joined them as Global General Counsel in 2015. In 2020, Alexandre returned to Franklin as a senior partner.
- Alexandre Marque is individually ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2024
- Legal 500 EMEA 2023 : Alexandre Marque is quoted in the categories Mergers & Acquisition et Private Equity: LBO
‘A good quality team, very available and strongly involved in supporting and carrying out transactions alongside its clients.’
‘Strong partner involvement and only senior associates with relevant knowledge and experience.’
‘The Franklin team is tight and offers quality service on classic M&A transactional themes. During their last transaction with us, I was particularly impressed by their responsiveness and their ability to collaborate effectively and coordinate a large number of stakeholders. The pleasant mode of collaboration and the quality of the work make me want to renew the experience.’
- Option Droit & Affaires 2023: Alexandre Marque is quoted in the category Equity development and LBOs, the majority of which involve companies with less than €50 million in assets (3 stars)
- Leaders League 2023: Alexandre Marque is ranked in the “Telecommunications law” (Leading) categorie of the Innovation, technology & telecoms Guide
- Option Droit & Affaires 2022: Alexandre Marque is quoted among the leading firms for M&A deals under 200 million euros ranking (4 stars)
- Leaders League 2023: Alexandre Marque is ranked in the “Transactions between €75m and €500m” (Excellent) categorie of the Mergers & Acquisitions Guide
- Legal 500 EMEA: Mergers & Acquisition – Private Equity: LBO
‘The team demonstrates impressive speed of analysis and execution. The challenges and needs are well integrated, in a dynamic dealmaker fashion that is much appreciated.’
- Leaders League 2022: Alexandre Marque is ranked in the “Mid-cap LBO transactions ” (Highly recommended) categorie of the Private Equity Guide
- Option Droit & Affaires 2022: Alexandre Marque is quoted in the category Equity development and LBOs, the majority of which involve companies with less than €50 million in assets
- Leaders League 2022: Alexandre Marque is ranked in the “Transactions between €75m and €500m” (Excellent) categorie of the Mergers & Acquisitions Guide
- Option Droit & Affaires 2021: Alexandre Marque is quoted among the leading firms for M&A deals under 200 million euros ranking
- Chambers Global and Europe 2021: What the team is known for: Advises a large roster of clients including a number of multinational entities. Particular expertise in corporate transactions arising in the TMT sphere. Experienced in an array of processes including industrial M&A and restructurings. Adept at handling cross-border transactions. Represents clients involved in the retail, real estate and healthcare industries.
Strengths: Clients report that the lawyers are “flexible, reliable and imaginative.”
- Legal 500 EMEA 2020: Corporate – Fusions-acquisitions, « Tier 5 »
- Institute of Political Sciences of Paris
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas : Advanced studies degree (DEA) in International Law
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas : Advanced studies degree (DEA) in Public Law