Alexandre Marque co-heads our corporate/M&A and private equity departments.
Alexandre Marque focuses his practice on advising French and international corporations, investment funds and financial institutions on mergers, acquisitions and private equity transactions, as well as capital, industrial and commercial tie-ups.
He also has particular strength in securities law and stock exchange regulations in the context of takeover bids, public offerings and private investments.
Alexandre Marque also has a wealth of experience advising on the privatization of state-owned entities on behalf of the French government, private investors, or the entities themselves.
He co-founded Franklin in 2000 and, having advised the Altice group since its inception, he joined them as Global General Counsel in 2015. In 2020, Alexandre returned to Franklin as a senior partner.
- Alexandre Marque is individually ranked in the US directory Best Lawyers 2022.
- Chambers Global and Europe 2021: What the team is known for: Advises a large roster of clients including a number of multinational entities. Particular expertise in corporate transactions arising in the TMT sphere. Experienced in an array of processes including industrial M&A and restructurings. Adept at handling cross-border transactions. Represents clients involved in the retail, real estate and healthcare industries.
Strengths: Clients report that the lawyers are “flexible, reliable and imaginative.”
- Option Droit & Affaires 2021: mentioned in the top law firms Private Equity ranking for upper mid-cap LBO transactions (€50 to 300 million).
- Option Droit & Affaires 2020 : mentioned in the top law firms in Corporate M&A – Mid-Market
- Leaders League 2020 – Recognized expertise in Corporate M&A (leading)
- Institute of Political Sciences of Paris
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas : Advanced studies degree (DEA) in International Law
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas : Advanced studies degree (DEA) in Public Law