Franklin is known as the leading independent law firm in France for mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings, handling an impressive body of domestic and cross-border mandates.
We lead work for domestic and overseas corporations and alternative capital providers. We advise on the full range of public and private M&A, minority and majority investments in a corporate and/or private equity context, restructurings and strategic alliances. Our 25-lawyer strong corporate/M&A team offers deep experience and innovation, providing strategic, legal and commercial counsel to the highest global standard. Clients of our corporate/M&A team also benefit from the strength of our other practice areas offering support in banking & finance, tax, employment, competition and disputes.
Chambers Europe 2019 – Strengths: One client says the lawyers are “reactive and listen well” adding: “They give excellent advice and have an understanding that goes beyond the legal aspects”. Another source admires that the lawyers “know us very well – they know what we want and don’t want in negotiations. They are fully available and very efficient”. What the team is known for: “Advises an impressive roster of clients including a number of multinational entities. Particular expertise in corporate transactions arising in the TMT sphere. Experienced in an array of processes including industrial M&A, private equity transactions and restructurings. Adept at handling cross-border transactions especially involving the USA. Represents clients involved in the alcoholic beverage, real estate and healthcare industries”.
Chambers Global 2019: Yam Atallah “is a well-recognised lawyer in the French corporate M&A market. He handles acquisitions, sales and restructurings for corporate clients and financial institutions”. Mark Richardson “is an esteemed M&A practitioner. Dual-qualified in France and the US, he often acts on complex cross-border transactions. He advised HID Global on its acquisition of Arjo Systems”.
- Franklin was ranked in the Corporate-M&A section of the 2019 IFLR1000 guide.
- The team was ranked in Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2018 (band 1) in the mid-market section – What the team is known for : Particular expertise in corporate transactions arising in the TMT sphere. Advises an impressive roster of clients including a number of multinational entities. Experienced in an array of processes including private equity transactions, industrial M&A, privatisations and restructurings. Adept at handling cross-border transactions. Strengths : One client appreciates the team’s commercial focus: “I trust their advice: it is always very balanced, not too technical and clever from a business perspective”. Another interviewee praises the dedication and commitment of the lawyers : “What makes a big difference is the care and effort they put in”. This source continues : “It is a very efficient and transparent collaboration, which increases the efficiency on the transaction”.
- Franklin’s Corporate-finance – M&A expertise is recommended in the Legal 500 2018: “Franklin is one of the most prominent law firms in the mid-cap market. It has a particular strength in the telecom sector, advising a leading industry player, and in the technology sector. It also advises investment funds and has assisted Precision Castparts with several transactions”.
- Silver Award and “rising team” in the “Mergers-acquisitions mid to large cap” section – Leaders League 2018.
- Chambers Europe 2017 – Strengths: “The lawyers are very efficient and really understand how our business works”. Notable practitioners: Mark Richardson is dual-qualified in France and the USA and is therefore well placed to assist clients with cross-border matters. One impressed client notes that he is “an experienced lawyer with good business understanding”. He is skilled in mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions. Yam Atallah’s expertise spans private equity deals, M&A transactions, restructurings. One pleased client says: “Yam Atallah is very bright. He is very clever with the points he makes. He always tries to solve the problem in the best way for us”.
- Option Droit & Affaires: 2017 top M&A practices handling mostly deals under 200 million euro – Category *****