Franklin is known as the leading independent law firm in France for mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings, handling an impressive body of domestic and cross-border mandates.
We lead work for domestic and overseas corporations and alternative capital providers. We advise on the full range of public and private M&A, minority and majority investments in a corporate and/or private equity context, restructurings and strategic alliances. Our 25-lawyer strong corporate/M&A team offers deep experience and innovation, providing strategic, legal and commercial counsel to the highest global standard. Clients of our corporate/M&A team also benefit from the strength of our other practice areas offering support in banking & finance, tax, employment, competition and disputes.
Chambers Europe 2019 – Strengths: One client says the lawyers are “reactive and listen well” adding: “They give excellent advice and have an understanding that goes beyond the legal aspects”. Another source admires that the lawyers “know us very well – they know what we want and don’t want in negotiations. They are fully available and very efficient”. What the team is known for: “Advises an impressive roster of clients including a number of multinational entities. Particular expertise in corporate transactions arising in the TMT sphere. Experienced in an array of processes including industrial M&A, private equity transactions and restructurings. Adept at handling cross-border transactions especially involving the USA. Represents clients involved in the alcoholic beverage, real estate and healthcare industries”.
Chambers Global 2019: Yam Atallah “is a well-recognised lawyer in the French corporate M&A market. He handles acquisitions, sales and restructurings for corporate clients and financial institutions”. Mark Richardson “is an esteemed M&A practitioner. Dual-qualified in France and the US, he often acts on complex cross-border transactions. He advised HID Global on its acquisition of Arjo Systems”.
- Franklin was ranked in the Corporate-M&A section of the 2019 IFLR1000 guide.
- The team was ranked in Chambers Global and Chambers Europe 2018 (band 1) in the mid-market section – What the team is known for : Particular expertise in corporate transactions arising in the TMT sphere. Advises an impressive roster of clients including a number of multinational entities. Experienced in an array of processes including private equity transactions, industrial M&A, privatisations and restructurings. Adept at handling cross-border transactions. Strengths : One client appreciates the team’s commercial focus: “I trust their advice: it is always very balanced, not too technical and clever from a business perspective”. Another interviewee praises the dedication and commitment of the lawyers : “What makes a big difference is the care and effort they put in”. This source continues : “It is a very efficient and transparent collaboration, which increases the efficiency on the transaction”.
- Option Droit & Affaires: 2019 top M&A practices handling mostly deals under 200 million euro – Category *****
- Franklin’s Corporate-finance – M&A expertise is recommended in the Legal 500 2018: “Franklin is one of the most prominent law firms in the mid-cap market. It has a particular strength in the telecom sector, advising a leading industry player, and in the technology sector. It also advises investment funds and has assisted Precision Castparts with several transactions”.
- Silver Award and “rising team” in the “Mergers-acquisitions mid to large cap” section – Leaders League 2018.