Partner, Jérôme Michel heads up our Public Sector Law – Regulatory and Energy practices.
Jérôme advises public and private sector companies on public contracts, procurement and general public law, and represents them in administrative litigation. He routinely advises on competition law issues, sales of state-owned equity interests and privatizations. He has specialist expertise in regulated industry sectors such as telecoms and energy.
- Jérôme Michel is individually ranked in Energy Law in the US directory Best Lawyers 2019.
- Legal 500 2018:
- Administrative and Public law: Franklin is handling several high-stakes regulatory and public law disputes for key client SFR. Other work includes acting for a telecoms operator in various disputes, including representing it in its dealings with the telecoms regulator, handling a major state aid dispute and acting for the client in another case dealing with fibre infrastructure issues. The practice is also involved in litigation in the electricity sector and handles public procurement matters. Jérôme Michel heads the team.
- Energy: Franklin advises on several strategic regulatory and public contract matters in the electricity sector. The firm also advises lenders and investors in connection with the development of wind and solar projects in France […] Jérôme Michel (is) the main contact.
- Telecoms: Franklin has an established presence in the telecoms space where it provides advice on corporate transactions, competition law, public law and dispute resolution, as well as on digitalisation projects, software development and telecom infrastructure rollout programmes to corporate and private equity clients. […] Also notable is regulatory expert Jérôme Michel […].
- Leaders League 2018 rankings: “Urban planning and development” (Recommended) and “Energy and Environment – Energy: market regulation” (Excellent).
- Legal 500 2017: Recommended in Administrative and Public Law.
- Legal 500 2016: “Franklin has extensive regulatory expertise. The three-lawyer team led by Jérôme Michel advises leading French groups like Numericable-SFR, which they have represented in France’s highest administrative court (Conseil d’Etat) in the wake of a decision of the French Competition Authority on pay television”.
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas : B.A. (Maîtrise) in business and tax law
- Paris Institute of Political Studies, 1985