Myriam de Gaudusson’s co-heads our Labor & Employment law department.
Myriam deals with transactional and litigation HR issues. She advises employers of all sizes, from SMEs to large international corporations, but also top managers/corporate officers, on all aspects of individual matters (employment agreements with specific clauses, employee termination strategy, secondment/international assignments) and collective relationships (restructurings/downsizing plans, works council consultations, collective bargaining agreement negotiation, GDPR). She is experienced in workplace harassment/discrimination issues implying internal investigations measures and on compliance/whistleblowing questions.
She daily advises on the employment aspects of domestic and international corporate transactions, e.g. LBOs, IPOs, M&A transactions, and on the negotiation of senior executives’ welcome and/or exit packages.
She also has an extensive expertise in incentive plans, management packages and employee shareholding/profit sharing plans, as well as employee benefits/welfare/retirement plans.
Myriam is a member of the American Bar Association, of the AFJE and of the Master 2 DPRT (Assas/Montpellier) and a former Lecturer in Paris Dauphine University (International MBA Section).
- Quoted in Best Lawyers in France 2024 Guide
- Legal 500 EMEA 2023 : Myriam de Gaudusson is recognized in Employment.
Franklin has an experienced team, which is regularly instructed by large French and international companies including names in the aviation and telecoms sectors. The team provides the whole range of assistance to clients including dealing with the employment aspects of M&A deals, downsizings and restructuring projects as well as handling litigation. The team also regularly assists clients with compliance work and managing crisis situations such as moral and sexual harassment situations. The practice is co-headed by Patrick Thiébart and Myriam de Gaudusson.
Testimonials: ‘Good skills and expertise, availability, interpersonal skills.’
- Chambers Europe 2023 : What the team is known for: Franklin operates an established practice group offering experience in employment issues arising from harassment claims and corporate restructurings, including mass redundancy. The team advises on senior executive departures and working time policies, as well as acting on employment disputes. The firm’s clients stem from a range of industries including technology, travel and automotive.
Strengths: “The Franklin team are very attentive. When there is an urgent matter, the lawyers move mountains to address the concerns.“
- Option Droit & Affaires 2023: Myriam de Gaudusson is recognized in the category “PSE and related collective litigations” of the Restructuring ranking
- Option Droit & Affaires 2023: Myriam de Gaudusson is quoted in the category “advice to managers in LBO transactions” of the Private Equity ranking
- Leaders League 2022: Myriam de Gaudusson is recognized in the categories:
- Collective bargaining and social relations: Excellent
- High-risk individual litigation: Excellent
- Social management of M&As and social audits: Excellent
- Reorganizations, socials programs, and related litigation: Excellent
- Compliance program: Excellent
- Social compliance: Highly recommended
- Social security: Highly recommended
- Additional social protection: Highly recommended
- International investigation and internal investigation: Highly recommended
- Collective and individual compensation: Recommended
- Mobility and expatriation: Recommended
- Representation of senior executives: Recommended
- Legal 500 EMEA 2022 : Myriam de Gaudusson is ranked in the category Employment
‘High-level of competence, approach, flexibility, support, speed, attention to details, patience and advice have been the qualities demonstrated along the entire process.’
‘The firm supported our group on a strategic and impactful social project, in the context of a particular situation of an urgent nature. The teams have shown great responsiveness and adaptability, while providing us with very high-quality legal and operational advice. Their expertise and perfect knowledge of our business sector have enabled us to complete this complex project, all while preserving the interests of our group.’
‘All the people who accompanied us on the employment aspect of the project have shown great professionalism. Beyond their knowledge and skills in their areas of expertise, of which the plurality within the teams constitutes a real asset, they are distinguished by qualities of responsiveness, adaptability, but also human qualities and the ability to listen.’
‘High quality of solutions provided to complicated labour law issues.’
- Chambers Europe 2022 : What the team is known for: Franklin operates an established practice group offering experience in employment issues arising from harassment claims and corporate restructurings, including mass redundancy. The team advises on senior executive departures and working time policies, as well as acting on employment disputes. The firm’s clients stem from a range of industries, including technology, travel and automotive.
Strengths: Clients describe the lawyers as “creative in the solutions they provided,” further appreciating the network at the firm’s disposal.
- Option Droit & Affaires 2022 : Myriam de Gaudusson is quoted in the category “advice to managers in LBO transactions” of the Private Equity ranking
- Legal 500 2021 : The team advises a prominent client base and is already managing a high amount of strategic restructuring projects, including workforce downsizing projects involving several hundreds of employees and site closures. In addition, the practice also offers strong know-how in dealing with sensitive individual litigation, notably in relation to high-level executives, discrimination and sexual harassment files. Compliance advice and remote working issues in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic are also offered.
‘Myriam de Gaudusson provides remarkable support and keeps her clients well updated.’
- Chambers 2021 : What the team is known for: Established practice group offering experience in employment issues arising from harassment claims and corporate restructurings, including mass redundancy. Advises on senior executive departures and working time policies. Also acts on employment disputes. Clients stem from a range of industries, including technology, travel and automotive.
- Option Droit & Affaires 2021 : Category “PSE and related collective litigations” of the Restructuring ranking
- Décideurs 2021 :
- Collective bargaining and labor relations: Excellent
- Restructuring, redundancy plans and related litigation: Excellent
- Risky litigation and criminal labor law: Excellent
- Social management of M&A and social audits: Excellent
- Representation of executives : Renowned practice
- Mobility & Expatriation: Reputable practice
- Enquête internationale et enquête interne : Highly regarded
- Programme de conformité : Highly regarded
- Complementary social protection: Highly regarded
- Collective and individual remuneration: Reputed practice
- Health, social security & optimization : Reputed practice
- Universities of Paris II Panthéon-Assas and Montpellier : Master’s degree (Master 2) in Employment Relations Law
- University of Montpellier : Master’s degree (Master 2) in Social security Law
- University of Lyon III : Degree in US Law