Sandra Strittmatter heads up our Intellectual Property department.
Sandra’s practice encompasses both transactional and litigation work in intellectual property law (trademarks, designs, copyright, patents, plant varieties, domain names), as well as unfair competition and parasitic acts. After having worked for five years as an in-house counsel with the wines & spirits leader Pernod Ricard, she has developed specific expertise in French advertising law for alcoholic beverages (Evin Law). Sandra also handles cases in advertising law and personality rights (privacy right, image rights).
She represents leading French and foreign industrial groups, especially in the food and beverage industry (in particular wines and spirits), technology and fashion industries.
Sandra served as Treasurer of the French Association of Trademark and Design Law Practitioners (APRAM) from 2015 to 2019 and as a member of its Board of Directors from 2013 to 2018. She is also a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA), the French branch of the International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AIPPI) and the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR).
- Sandra Strittmatter is individually ranked in Best Lawyers 2021 in Intellectual Property.
- Sandra Strittmatter is also regularly mentioned in Legal 500 EMEA and Legal 500 Paris in Trademarks, Designs and Copyright: “very active, fast and knows how her clients think and work”, “very efficient, fast and precise and shows a true business approach”. Sandra Strittmatter is “highly reactive and very specific in her technical answers” and “has the advantage of offering a combined French and German approach”. “Sandra Strittmatter is truly integrated into our team, which shows our confidence in her”.
- Sandra Strittmatter is appointed “IP Star” every year since 2016 for France (Trademarks) by the Managing Intellectual Property Magazine.
- University of Paris II – Panthéon-Assas : Postgraduate degree in Information Technology and Multimedia Law
- King’s College London : L.L.M. (Master of Laws) in Intellectual Property Law
- University of Cologne : LL.M. (Magister Legum)
- University of Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne : Master’s degree in French and German Laws (French-German Master Program of the Universities de Paris I / Cologne)