Sandra Strittmatter heads up our Intellectual Property department. French-German, she also manages our German Desk.
Sandra’s practice encompasses both transactional and litigation work in intellectual property law (trademarks, designs, copyright, patents, plant varieties, domain names), as well as unfair competition and parasitic acts. After having worked for five years as an in-house counsel with the wines & spirits leader Pernod Ricard, she has developed specific expertise in French advertising law for alcoholic beverages (Evin Law). Sandra also handles cases in advertising law and personality rights (image right, privacy right). She also works in the field of digital marketing and digital content (influencers, artistic collaborations, etc.).
French and German and having an international culture, she manages our German Desk and is also part of our Italian Desk.
Sandra represents leading French and foreign industrial groups, especially in the fashion and luxury industry, food and beverage industry (in particular wines and spirits), consumer goods industry and high technologies.
She served as Treasurer of the French Association of Trademark and Design Law Practitioners (APRAM) from 2015 to 2019 and as a member of its Board of Directors from 2013 to 2018. She is also a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA), the French branch of the International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (AIPPI) and the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR).
- Sandra Strittmatter is individually ranked in Best Lawyers 2023 in Intellectual Property.
- Sandra Strittmatter is ranked in “Intellectual Property: Copyright” and “Intellectual Property: Trade marks and Designs” in the Legal 500 EMEA 2022 directory
‘Sandra Strittmatter always achieves the best commercial outcome in negotiations.’
‘Sandra Strittmatter has a very good knowledge of business and marketing issues.’
‘Sandra Strittmatter is accustomed to international cases and is fluent in 4 languages (French, English, German and Italian). She is very proactive and rigorous. An excellent professional.’
‘I highly recommend the qualities of Sandra Strittmatter, who knows how to take into account business and marketing aspects of matters and has an excellent knowledge of the law. She has extensive experience in issues related to alcohol advertising, a rare specialty that few lawyers master.’
‘Sandra Strittmatter started this team very recently, but the evolution is amazing. Very fast turnaround, excellent level of English. Sandra is young and works for her clients with 100% energy and commitment.’
- Sandra Strittmatter is ranked in the category “Excellent” in “Litigation: trademarks, designs” and in the category “Highly recommended” in “Management of trademark and design portfolios” of the 2022 “Innovation, Technology & Intellectual Property” guide of Leaders League. She is also ranked in the category “Recommended” in the classification “Wines of spirits” of the 2022 “Marketing, communication & digital” guide.
- Sandra Strittmatter has been nominated as “IP Star” every year since 2016 for France (Trademarks) by Managing Intellectual Property Magazine.
- University of Paris II – Panthéon-Assas : Postgraduate degree in Information Technology and Multimedia Law
- King’s College London : L.L.M. (Master of Laws) in Intellectual Property Law
- University of Cologne : LL.M. (Magister Legum)
- University of Paris I – Panthéon-Sorbonne : Master’s degree in French and German Laws (French-German Master Program of the Universities de Paris I / Cologne)