Competition – Distribution
The Competition & Distribution practice handles all economic law issues.
It advises and represents clients on a wide range of competition law matters, including cartels and dominant position abuse, before the French Competition Authority and the European Commission, as well as French and EU courts. It also handles private enforcement matters.
The Competition & Distribution practice also assists clients with merger control matters before the Competition Authority and the European Commission. It also handles crossborder transactions in close collaboration with a network of highly-skilled lawyers in each relevant jurisdiction.
In the field of distribution law, the Competition & Distribution practice advises clients on structuring their contractual relationships and assists them in litigation.
The Competition & Distribution practice also advises on consumer law issues.
The Competition & Distribution practice is a six-person team led by Julie Catala Marty. It works closely with Jérôme Michel, who heads up the Public Law – Regulatory practice, and routinely advises clients on the competition law aspects of regulated industries (energy, telecommunications), public sector and State aid matters.
The Competition & Distribution practice adopts a multi-disciplinary approach in order to provide a full service to its clients, and works closely with the Corporate Finance -
M&A practice to advise corporate clients on all aspects of structuring and implementing their M&A transactions, and with the Litigation practice in connection with private
enforcement and unfair competition matters.
- Search and seizure proceedings
- Cartels, abuse of dominant position,
- Private enforcement
- State aid
- Merger Control
- Assistance throughout the proceedings, in connection with « day-to-day » matters as well as complex and strategic transactions
- Representation before the French competition authority and the European Commission, and coordination of cross-border notifications
- Assistance to third parties (including in responding to market tests and arguing against competing operations)
- Advice on all competition law issues
- Customized compliance programs
- Advice on matters at the junction between competition and IP law, including competition law aspects of negotiating licenses and R&D agreements
- Designing and organizing distribution networks (selective and exclusive distribution, franchise, affiliate commission programs)
- Representation in litigation relating to vertical practices and restrictive practices