Lionel Lesur is a partner in our Corporate-M&A and Private Equity departments and the chair of our Antitrust-Competition department. Admitted to the bars of Paris and Rome, he also heads up our Italian Desk.
Lionel mainly advises international companies across a broad range of industries, including Life Sciences and Fashion & Luxury, as well as investment funds and top managers. He has substantial experience negotiating corporate / private M&A transactions (mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures, minority investments, strategic alliances, etc.) and complex commercial contracts, as well as advising foreign companies seeking to establish and strategically expand their presence in France.
Lionel also has significant experience in French and EU antitrust and competition law, and routinely advises on multi-jurisdictional merger control filings, as well as cartel and abuse of dominance investigations. Lionel’s breadth of experience also includes private enforcement, distribution, and compliance issues.
He regularly lectures on M&A and competition law at the universities of Aix-Marseille and Paris II Panthéon-Assas, as well as HEC and ESCP Business Schools.
- Legal 500 EMEA 2020 : Corporate – M&A, « Tier 5 »
- Who’s Who Legal 2019 : Lionel Lesur achieves recognition for his “excellent corporate knowledge” and “high quality service”.
- Who’s Who Legal 2017 : Lionel Lesur is a ‘rising star’ who has notably been involved in many high-profile cases before the French competition authority.
- HEC Paris : School of Management
- CEMS (Community of European Management School) : Master in International Management
- University of Paris-Nanterre : Postgraduate degree (DEA) in European and International Business Law
- University of Paris XI – Sceaux : Postgraduate degree (DESS) in Business Law
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas : B.A (Maîtrise) in Tax and Business law