Patrick Thiébart co-heads our Labor and Employment law department.
Patrick advises French and international companies on virtually all labor, employment and HR issues.
He routinely assists clients in the preparation and implementation of workforce reduction plans or corporate restructurings, and in handling all workforce issues in acquisitions, transfers or mergers of listed or unlisted companies.
He represents employers in labor and employment law disputes, including class actions and actions challenging workforce reduction plans.
Patrick is a member of the American Bar Association, the International Bar Association, and the European Employment Lawyers Association.
- Legal 500 2021 : The team advises a prominent client base and is already managing a high amount of strategic restructuring projects, including workforce downsizing projects involving several hundreds of employees and site closures. In addition, the practice also offers strong know-how in dealing with sensitive individual litigation, notably in relation to high-level executives, discrimination and sexual harassment files. Compliance advice and remote working issues in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic are also offered.
‘Patrick Thiébart shows great responsiveness and provides superb practical advice.’
- Best Lawyers 2021 : Patrick Thiébart
- Chambers 2021 : What the team is known for: Established practice group offering experience in employment issues arising from harassment claims and corporate restructurings, including mass redundancy. Advises on senior executive departures and working time policies. Also acts on employment disputes. Clients stem from a range of industries, including technology, travel and automotive.
Patrick Thiébart “always acted swiftly and has great knowledge of the French employment legislation,”reports one client. He has a wealth of experience in employment litigations relating to conflict with trade unions, collective terminations and harassment claims.”
- Option Droit & Affaires 2021 : Category “PSE and related collective litigations” of the Restructuring ranking
- Décideurs 2020 :
- Collective bargaining and labor relations: Excellent
- Restructuring, redundancy plans and related litigation: Excellent
- Risky litigation and criminal labor law: Excellent
- Social management of M&A and social audits: Excellent
- Representation of executives : Renowned practice
- Mobility & Expatriation: Reputable practice
- Health, social security & optimization : Strong reputation
- Complementary social protection: Highly regarded
- Collective and individual remuneration: Reputed practice
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas : Postgraduate Diploma (DEA) in European Law